Mobile News Letter
Welcome to our Mobile News Letter.
This letter is always available to you and offers you our most recent training and safety articles as well as additional tips and suggestions to help you on your way to having a great experience with your dog. Even better, save this to your phone and our great articles are never more than a fingertip away!
Current Training and Safety Articles
- Dog Training Starts with The Family (And Not the Dog) - We were recently at a Home Dog Training session with new clients in Southwest Ranches and their Catahoula named Lurch. We were called in to help because our client told us that their dog was just really crazy and never listened to a single thing they said. They had taken him to one of those […]
- Keep Your Dog Safe for the Elevator Ride - We were at a Home Dog Training session with some clients and their Border Collie named Sagebrush in Bal Harbour on Friday afternoon. They had arrived here early for the season from their farm in upstate New York. They had leased a great condo in a high rise on the beach with beautiful views and […]
- How to Train Your Dog When Your Family is Crazy - We were at a Home Dog Training revisit session with a family and their Australian Shepherd in Boynton Beach last week. Their dog that was fine when we had left at the end of the first session and we were returning because the family said he had reverted to his old ways. The first […]
- Prepare Your Dog for Back to School Time - I was in Deerfield Beach last Wednesday with a new Home Dog Training client and his Morkie named Mischief. Mischief really wasn’t that mischievous and we corrected his issues of focus, barking, and stealing very quickly. As I was finishing up the session and writing some training notes for my client, he had one more […]
- Never Use an Extension Leash to Walk Your Dog, Never - I was at a new Home Dog Training client in Plantation for his first lesson with their family and their great, German Shepherd, Alex. Alex was a very smart and mostly good dog. He was just a little headstrong. The family was, unknowingly, giving into Alex’s wishes and were not gaining the proper leadership position. […]
- Have a Great Bike Ride - I was over Sunny Isles last week working with a new Home Dog Training client and her Visula named Twain. The big, “A priority” problem we initially tackled was Twain’s jumping problem and his consistent habit of running out the front door. We solved those issues pretty quickly. As I was finishing up the lesson and […]
- Prepare Your Dog for a Summer Vacation Plane Flight - I was at my first Home Dog Training session with a new client and his Yorkie named Mork in Victoria Park. In most respects, Mork was a pretty good dog. He knew his commands, didn’t steal food, walked on the leash well for my client, and was a generally well behaved member of the family. […]
- Words Are Not Important in Training Your Dog - I was in Dania Beach last week at a new Home Dog Training client working with the entire family and their Olde English Bulldog, Margaret. I just love Olde English Bulldogs because of their personality and looks. Well, Margaret was a handful and the family was having a hard time directing and controlling her. The […]
- Believe it or Not, You Are Your Dog’s Best Dog Trainer - I was in Margate yesterday with a current Home Dog Training client and his rambunctious Goldendoodle named Brodie. Like many Goldendoodles, Brodie was a little animated and loved to jump on people. At our first session, we had trained everyone what to do to stop her from jumping and actions they should do to discourage […]
- Stop Babying Your Dog and Have Him Eat from His Bowl - I was in Pompano Beach the beginning of this week at a new Home Dog Training client and his Bichon named Mary. Mary was a pretty good dog, but had some obedience issues and liked to bark at other dogs while on a walk. The main issue that we worked on during our first session […]
More Great Stuff…
Thank you for visiting our Mobile News Letter. We welcome any and all comments you may wish to provide.
Bruce & Robin Edwards
Home Dog Training of South Florida